Regarding item #S502 “Request for defense in San Diegans for Open Government v. Jan I. Goldsmith, et al., San Diego Superior Court Case No. 37-2014-00000217-CU-MC-CTL” on the Tuesday, July 29, 2014 City Council docket, a number of issues were not addressed in the summary sheet provided for the City Council and public. Please provide answers to the following questions prior to the Council meeting so that the City Council can make an informed decision:
1. Has outside counsel already been engaged on this matter? If not how will they be chosen?
2. If outside counsel has already been engaged, why wasn’t this brought forward sooner to Council for approval?
3. If outside counsel has been engaged, when were they hired and have they performed any work?
4. If they have already provided legal services, how much money have those services cost and how much more is anticipated to be needed for this litigation?
5. If outside counsel has been engaged do they have any active litigation with the City?
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.